Colorado Springs Child Custody Lawyer

Need to Modify An Existing Child Support Or Child Custody Order?

After finalizing a divorce, allocation of parental responsibilities, or paternity action, people typically want to put family court issues behind them and move on with their lives. However, life changes happen and there is often a need to revisit the court orders at a later date. Child custody, child support, or spousal support orders may need to be changed. At Boal Law Firm in Colorado Springs, you have an attorney in Brian B. Boal who has the experience and skill to help you obtain your desired modification of parenting and support orders or defend you against an action to modify these orders.

Child Custody/Parenting Time Modifications

Colorado Springs child custody lawyer Brian Boal can help you make changes to child custody and parenting time arrangements. In order to make changes, the moving party must show by a preponderance of evidence that the requested change is in the child’s best interests. There are also several important procedural bars to modification that litigants must be aware of to avoid having their case dismissed. Perhaps one parent has gotten a new job that requires a substantially different work shift. Perhaps one parent has gotten remarried. Perhaps one parent will be moving away. Perhaps the child is just older and his or her needs have changed. Whatever the case may be, Brian Boal will work diligently to help you obtain new child custody orders that make sense for you and your children.

Child Support and Spousal Support Modifications

In order to make changes to child support or spousal support, there typically needs to be a substantial and continuing change in circumstances that impacts one or both of the parties. Long-term job loss or a substantial pay cut could be grounds to lower child support payments. On the other hand, a new job and an increase in pay may also increase someone’s monthly support obligation. Child support attorney Brian Boal will represent you to help ensure that the correct amount of child support and/or fair amount of spousal maintenance is being paid or received.

Start The Modification Process with A Consultation

Call at 719-602-2262 or email to discuss your modification case directly with Brian B. Boal. The law firm serves clients throughout El Paso County, Pueblo County, Teller County, and other counties across the Front Range region.

Click Here to contact a Colorado Springs Family Law Attorney Today

Skip to content